As you very well know, there was a ton of talk about The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD leading up to last week’s Nintendo Direct. The same goes for the rumored Metroid Prime remastered. Inside sources were claiming that all of these titles had a very good chance of showing up during the Nintendo Direct, with the loudest voice in the crowd being Giant Bomb’s Jeff Grubb.
Obviously, the Nintendo Direct didn’t mention any of the above titles. If they do exist, Nintendo isn’t talking about them. When these games didn’t pop up during the Direct, numerous people were quite miffed with Grubb for pushing the rumors out there. That discontent only grew, and it’s finally reached a point where Grubb himself has talked about the matter.
Below is a summary of what Jeff had to say about the situation. You can see his full 13-minute video here, but if you’re looking for a quick breakdown, read on.
- Grubb offers an apology for the rumors
- Grubb also offers an apology on Mike Minotti’s behalf, who also spoke on the rumors
- Grubb says they jumped the gun on the rumors and never verified their sources
- there was no vetting process on the Wind Waker & Twilight Princess rumors
- Grubb claims he and Mike “misheard” about WW/TP and got caught up in the hype
- with Metroid Prime remaster, Grubb is still under the assumption that it’s coming out
- Grubb still says his information points to the title being released this holiday season
- going forward, Grubb won’t ever talk about a leak again without actually double checking and confirming \