Inkle Studios’ video game adaptation of the adventure gamebook series Steve Jackson’s Sorcery is making its way over to consoles. First released for PC and mobile devices back in 2016, the Complete Collection includes Parts 1-4, which as “complete” in the title suggests, is the entirety of the franchise. Steve Jackson’s Sorcery will be released via publisher No Gravity Games for Nintendo Switch digitally on June 23rd, 2022 with a $24.99 USD pricetag.
An epic adventure through a land of monsters, traps and magic, where every decision is yours and every choice is remembered. A narrative created from tens of thousands of choices. Battle strange creatures. Cast weird and wonderful spells. Discovers secrets in every corner of an open world.
Rock Paper Shotgun calls Sorcery! “One of the finest RPGs ever made”. Based on the million-selling series by Steve Jackson, and developed by inkle, creators of “80 DAYS”.
- Explore freely – go where you want through a hand-drawn, 3D world, creating your own unique story
- Totally dynamic storytelling – the story adapts itself around everything you do. Cheat, charm, or play with honour, the choice is yours.
- Wield powerful magic – strange spells with powerful story-changing effects
- Fight enemies both smart and strange – unique combat mechanic based on timing and psychology
- Gamble with swindlers – Swindlestones is a game of bluff, conversation and deceit
- Multiple endings, and hundreds of secrets – the game is stuffed with secrets and hidden content